This Policy was last updated on May 23, 2018.
2. What Categories of Information We May Process
Summary – Categories of Information We May Process
We may Process: your personal details (e.g., your name); demographic data (e.g., your age); your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents; purchase details; subscription information; information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any views or opinions you provide to us. We may also Process information about you from your use of our Services (e.g., the type of device you are using, the internet service provider, etc.), including your interactions with content and advertising on the Services.
“Personal Information” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable.
“Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We may Process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Personal details: your name; username or log in details; password; and areas or topics of interest.
- Demographic information: age/date of birth; and language preferences.
- Contact details: postal address; telephone and/or mobile number; email address; and your public social media handles or profile(s).
- Consent records: records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Purchase and payment details: records of purchases and prices; subscription details; how much you choose to pay and which charities you designate as recipients of your money; invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; cardholder or accountholder name; payment amount; and payment date;
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you or other users choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms or in the Services.
We also collect other kinds of information from you or other sources, which we refer to as “Other Information” in this Policy, which may include but is not limited to:
- Information about your use of the Services, such as usage data and statistical information, which may be aggregated.
- Browsing history including the websites or other services you visited before and after interacting with the Services.
- Searches for and interactions with e-commerce opportunities, such as offers contained in the Services
- Non-precise information about the approximate physical location (for example, at the city or zip code level) of a user’s computer or device derived from the IP address of such computer or device (“GeoIP Data”).
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which is a unique string of numbers automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet.
- Device type, settings and software used.
- Log files, which may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps and/or clickstream data, including any clicks on customized links.
- Web Beacons, which are electronic files that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
- Pixel Tags, also known as clear GIFs, beacons, spotlight tags or web bugs, which are a method for passing information from the user’s computer to a third party website.
- Local Shared Objects, and Local Storage, such as HTML5.
- Embedded Scripts which are programming codes designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service by temporarily downloading onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work. Embedded scripts are only active while you are connected to the Service and are deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Mobile analytics to understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone.
Under certain circumstances and depending on applicable law, some of this Other Information may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Other Information is hereinafter referred to as “User Information”.
3. Sensitive Personal Information
Summary – Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Information, except as explicitly stated below. Where we need to Process your Sensitive Personal Information for a legitimate purpose, we do so in accordance with applicable law. The Services are not intended for use by children.
We may collect or otherwise Process Personal Information about your race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, physical or mental health, and sexual life if you provide us with that information through surveys or by sharing such information on third parties (e.g., social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter). Such collection is done only if you provide this information to us, and you are not required to provide any of that information to make use of the Services. This type of information may be deemed to be sensitive under GDPR (“Sensitive Personal Information”).
We do not collect or otherwise Process Personal Information about trade union membership, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under GDPR (this is also included in “Sensitive Personal Information”) in the ordinary course of our business. Where it becomes necessary to Process Sensitive Personal Information under GDPR, we would rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law;
- Detection and prevention of crime: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or
- Consent: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Information where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Information.
The Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under 13. No one under the age of 13 should make use of the Services or provide any Personal Information. Minors under the age of 18 are not permitted to make purchases through the Services or obtain coupons or codes from the Services to purchase goods or services on third party websites. If we discover or someone informs us that we have collected Personal Information from someone under 13, we will delete that information immediately.
4. How We Collect or Create Information
Summary – Collection and Creation of Information
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you (e.g., when you contact us or subscribe to the Services); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make your Personal Information public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); when you download, install, or use any of our Services; when you visit our Services; when you register to use any part of the Services; or when you interact with any third party content or advertising on the Services. We may also receive User Information about you from third parties (e.g., social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter). We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. The Company is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas of the Services. This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who may provide information about you to the Company.
Collection of User Information: We may collect User Information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Information when you provide it to us across our Services (e.g., where you sign up for emails or newsletter; register for site membership or create a profile or account on any part of the Services; enter a promotional giveaway; participate in surveys; contact us via email, telephone or by any other means; or purchase a subscription, etc.).
- Business relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase from us).
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information that you clearly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s) if you make a public post about us).
- Service data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information when you visit, download, use or register to use any part of our Service.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third-party content or advertising on the Channels, we may receive User Information about you from the relevant third party.
We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us and details of your purchase history, for internal administrative purposes and analysis. We may also combine data you have provided to us with data obtained from third parties such as social networks.
5. Purposes for Which We May Process Your Information
Summary – Purposes for Which We May Process Your Information
We may Process User Information for the following purposes: providing the Services to you; communicating with you; providing advertising to you on the Channels; analyzing engagement with our audience; observing user engagement and purchase activity across the Service and Channels; marketing our services and offerings to current and prospective customers; managing our IT systems; financial management; conducting surveys; ensuring the security of our systems; conducting investigations where necessary; compliance with applicable law; and improving our Services.
The purposes for which we may Process User Information, subject to applicable law, include:
- Provision of the Services to You: providing the Services to you from the Company or its partners including (i) offering of promotional giveaways, (ii) processing of your payment information for your purchases or subscriptions, (iii) management of your account, (iv) offering promotional and marketing information to you, and (v) customer support and relationship management.
- Offering and Improving the Services: operating and managing the Services for you; providing personalized content to you; communicating and interacting with you via the Services; identifying issues with the Services and planning improvements to or creating new Services; and notifying you of changes to any of our Services.
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our Services.
- Communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email or social media) regarding information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required. We may provide direct marketing to you as set out in Section 6 below.
- Advertising: providing advertising based on your interests and interactions with the Services and Channels, including using User Information to serve you advertisements on the Channels. For further information, please see Section 7 below.
- Audience Engagement: identification and development of audience engagement, advertising and promotional strategies on various platforms and channels, both within the Service and on Channels.
- User Engagement and Purchases: tracking purchase traffic and activity across the Service and on Channels, including review of your browsing history (if available); provision of analytics and measurement of cost of traffic against money being made.
- Marketing to Customers: We may market to current and prospective customers and their employees who have indicated an interest in doing business with, or have previously conducted business with, the Company in order to further generate and promote our business. Such efforts include sending marketing emails to drive the use of services offered by the Company.
- IT Administration: administration of the Company’s information technology systems; network and device administration; network and device security; implementing data security and information systems policies; compliance audits in relation to internal policies; identification and mitigation of fraudulent activity; and compliance with legal requirements.
- Security: electronic security measures (including monitoring of login records and access details) to help mitigate the risk of and provide the ability to identify and rectify a security incident.
- Financial Management: general business and financial management purposes, including: economic, financial and administrative management; planning and reporting; personnel development; sales; accounting; finance; corporate audit; and compliance with legal requirements
- Investigations: detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal Proceedings: establishing, exercising and defending legal rights.
- Legal Compliance: Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to release information concerning any user of Services when we have grounds to believe that the user is in violation of our Terms and Conditions or other published guidelines or has engaged in (or we have grounds to believe is engaging in) any illegal activity, and to release information in response to court and governmental orders, other requests from government entities, civil subpoenas, discovery requests and otherwise as required by law or regulatory obligations. We also may release information about users when we believe in good faith that such release is in the interest of protecting the rights, property, safety or security of the Company, any of our users or the public, or to respond to an emergency.
6. Direct Marketing
Summary – Direct Marketing
We may Process your User Information to contact you with information regarding services that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe for free at any time.
We may Process your User Information to contact you via email or other methods of communication to provide you with information regarding the Services that may be of interest to you. We may send information to you regarding the Services, upcoming promotions and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletter lists at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send. Once we have processed your request to unsubscribe (which will be done as quickly as possible). We will not send you any emails from a list you have selected to be unsubscribed from, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any other Services you have requested or for additional emails you have signed up for.
7. Cookies, Similar Technologies and Interest-Based Advertising
Summary – Cookies, Similar Technologies and Interest-Based Advertising
Certain third parties may collect information about you for online behavioral advertising purposes in order for you to receive relevant interest-based advertising on the Services and on other websites, platforms and media channels. We use Online Data as well as other User Information to send you online behavioral ads we believe are more relevant to your interests.
Tracking technologies on the Services may be deployed by the Company and/or by our service providers or partners. Certain tracking technologies enable us to assign a unique identifier to you, and relate information about your use of the Services to other information about you, including your User Information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times and use such information along with offline and online information obtained from other sources (including from third parties), including, but not limited to, demographic information and updated contact information, for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content and advertising.
We and our partners (including but not limited to e-commerce partners, affiliates, and analytics providers) also may use technologies such as pixel tags, IP addresses, and Local Storage such as HTML5 to analyze trends; administer the Services; collect and store information such as user settings and anonymous browser identifiers; supplement our server logs and other methods of traffic and response measurement; track users’ location and movements around the Services; gather demographic information about our user base; and to improve our understanding of traffic on the Services and visitor behavior. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these third party companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Local Storage.
We may use mobile analytics software to collect data and to better understand the functionality of our mobile software, devices and applications on your phone and other devices. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We may link this information to User Information.
Certain third parties may collect information about you for interest-based advertising (“IBA”) purposes in order for you to receive relevant interest-based advertising on the Services and on other websites, platforms and media channels.
The specific providers we use for IBA are subject to change. For a list of some of the applicable providers, click here. For more details about IBA and opting out, see Section 9 below.
8. What is the Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
Summary – Lawful Basis for Processing User Information
We may Process your User Information where: you have given your consent; the Processing is necessary for a contract between you and us; the Processing is required by applicable law; the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or where we have a valid legitimate interest in the Processing.
In Processing your User Information in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- Consent: We may Process your User Information where we have obtained your prior, express consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- Contractual necessity: We may Process your User Information where the Processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us (such as a subscription to the Services);
- Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your User Information where the Processing is required by applicable law;
- Vital interests: We may Process your User Information where the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- Legitimate interests: We may Process your User Information where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
9. What Information We Disclose to Third Parties
Summary – Disclosure of User Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your User Information to: legal and regulatory authorities; our external advisors; parties who Process User Information on our behalf (“Processors”); any party as necessary in connection with legal proceedings; any party as necessary for investigating, detecting or preventing criminal offences; any purchaser of our business; and any third party providers of advertising, plugins or content used on the Services.
We may disclose your User Information to other entities within the Company, for legitimate business purposes (including operating the Services, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your User Information to:
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- outside professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, or lawyers), subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- third party Processors (such as analytic providers; data centers; etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section 9;
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation);
- any relevant third party provider, where our Channels use third party advertising, plugins or content. If you choose to interact with any such advertising, plugins or content, information about your activities on the Channels to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests may be shared with the relevant third party provider. If you click or tap on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria;
- third party developers for whom the Company processes payments for. the Company may provide your email address to these third party developers so they may deliver the final version of the game you purchased.
With respect to surveys, in the event that responses are publicly disclosed, users will be notified at the time they take the survey. Otherwise we will disclose only aggregate information regarding its users’ responses in surveys to other participants in the survey. Where surveys allow users to submit written comments, and where the Company advises users of the possibility of such disclosure at the time they take the survey, the Company reserves the right to disclose any information provided by users, provided that no User Information identifying a specific user is disclosed.
Some of our advertisers may use third party advertising service companies to serve advertisements, for IBA or otherwise, and perform related services when you interact with the Channels. Often, these third party advertising companies employ cookies and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of website, app and email advertisements and to create a record of interaction with our content that they use in conjunction with their advertising which appears on other sites or applications, or for reporting website traffic, app use, statistics, advertisement data and/or other activities on the Services. We also engage third party providers to assist with the segmentation of this data.
We may engage third party providers to assist with the collection, storage and segmentation of Online Data and the providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. These third party providers may collect User Information from our Services for their own purposes, such as to monitor fraud around the web.
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your User Information, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the User Information in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the User Information; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
10. International Transfers of Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to recipients in other countries. Where we transfer User Information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to a recipient outside the EEA that is not in an adequate jurisdiction, we do so on the basis of standard contractual clauses.
Because some of our users are located outside of the United States, we may need to transfer your User Information to third parties as noted in Section 9 above, in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. For this reason, we may transfer your User Information to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
Where we transfer your Personal Information from the EEA to recipients located outside the EEA who are not in a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for Personal Information, we do so on the basis of standard contractual clauses. You may request a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses using the contact details provided in Section 14 below.
11. Data Protection and Retention
Summary – Data Protection and Retention
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your User Information. Please ensure that any Personal Information that you send to us is sent securely. We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is kept accurate and up-to-date and are erased or rectified if we become aware of inaccuracies. We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your User Information that we Process to what is necessary. We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is only retained for as long as they are needed. Online Data related to IBA is kept by the Company for not more than 180 days after which it will expire, subject to certain conditions.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your User Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law. In certain instances we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or transfer certain User Information in a non-human readable format to provide protection. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us are sent securely.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that we Process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and any of your User Information that we Process that you inform us is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) is erased or rectified.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that we Process is limited to the User Information reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy or as required to provide you services or access to the Services.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your User Information are as follows: we will retain copies of your User Information in a form that permits identification only for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we plan to retain it for no longer than is necessary to fulfill a legitimate business need.
12. What Can I Do to Control My Information?
You can directly take steps to change your preferences for newsletters and online behavioral advertising as outlined in this section.
If you are an EU resident, you may have certain rights including: the right not to provide your Personal Information to us; the right of access to your Personal Information; the right to request rectification of inaccuracies; the right to request the erasure, or restriction of Processing, of your Personal Information; the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Information; the right to have your Personal Information transferred to another controller; the right to withdraw consent; and the right to lodge complaints with supervisory authorities. We may require proof of or need to verify your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
You may directly take steps to change your preferences as follows:
Your Newsletter and Email Subscriptions. You can opt out or unsubscribe to a newsletter or other email list at any time by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters or emails you receive. Please allow five to ten business days for changes to take effect. On some parts of the Service, member service-related communications are an integral part of such Services to which you subscribe and you may continue to receive emails as part of that particular portion of the Services unless you cancel your account, even if you opt out of the newsletters or email list. If you have provided more than one email address to us, you may continue to be contacted unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided.
Mobile Applications. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps. You can stop all collection of information via our mobile applications by uninstalling them. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain location-based services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device (which is usually located in the Settings area of your device).
Cookies and Pixel Tags. You may stop or restrict cookies and pixel tags on your computer or purge cookies from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. However, if you “turn off,” purge, or disable cookies or pixel tags, although you may still use the Services, you may not be able to use all of the features, functions, or services available on the Services.
EU Residents. GDPR provides certain rights for EU residents. You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of the Services. These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of your information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own information. Where we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any Processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Information in reliance upon any other available legal bases). Requests should be submitted by contacting us (using the contact instructions in Section 14 below). If you are an EU resident and have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us, you have the right to contact the appropriate EU Supervisory Authority and lodge a complaint.
13. Terms and Conditions
We recommend that you review our Terms and Conditions regularly, in order to review any changes we might make from time to time.
14. Contact Details
You may contact us at the addresses set out below or by emailing email@example.com. Requests for access to or deletion of your Personal Information should include the email(s) which you have used in connection with the Services. We may require proof of or need to verify your identity before we can process your request.
Jordan Lee Media LLC
PO Box 211
Danville, IN 46122
If you are an EU resident, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the Processing of User Information carried out by us, or on our behalf, please contact:
Jordan Lee Media LLC
Attn: Data Protection
PO Box 211
Danville, IN 46122